Certified Business Intermediary, Certified Exit Planning Advisor,Certified Financial Planner™
Joan leads the design and implementation of strategies to help business owners achieve and exceed their goals, both before and after they leave the business. She has more than 30 years of experience advising business owners and managing their business and non-business wealth. The focus of Joan and her team is on the performance of the client's single largest asset, their business. Her background as both a business consultant and a former personal financial advisor gives the client an added advantage because she is able to interface the performance of the business with the client's personal wealth goals which are overseen by the client's personal wealth advisor.
Before establishing Business Wealth Solutions in 2003, Joan was associated with a Dallas-based mergers and acquisitions firm. Prior to that, she grew and sold two of her own companies. One was acquired by American Express IDS and the other by a member of the Premier Client Division of Financial Network Investment Corporation (now ING).
In addition to advising business owner clients, Joan is a sought-after speaker and writer on the topics of corporate value enhancement and the business ownership transition process.
Education and Professional Designations:
- B.A., University of Dayton
- Certified Business Intermediary
- Certified Exit Planning Advisor
- Certified Financial Planner™
- Exit Planning Institute (Past Member, Board of Advisors)
- Founder, N TX Chapter Exit Planning Institute
- Dallas Estate Planning Council
- Estate Planning Council of North Texas
- International Business Brokers Assoc.
- In 2013 received the first Excellence in Exit Planning Award conferred by the Exit Planning Institute for her pioneering work in the profession
- Founder of the N Texas Chapter of the Exit Planning Institute